Thursday, February 4, 2010

Update on Highland Blessings

I'm sorry it has been so long since I last blogged here. I've been quite busy with the holidays, editing Highland Blessings, and working on writing two new novels, Highland Sanctuary and A Season of Atonement, as well as stepping into promoting my book release. The good news is, I have my schedule back in order, and I'll start blogging here again--starting with this post. 

Over the next couple of weeks I'm going to be posting a series on Celtic and Gaelic names and their origin meanings and spelling variations. Since we are still early in the year, if you would like to suggest a few topics you'd be interested in seeing on this blog, please leave a comment. I'd be delighted to hear from you.

In the meantime, here are a few dates on some upcoming events:

Highland Blessings Book Launch Party!
When: Sat, May 15, 2pm – 4pm
Where: Joseph-Beth Booksellers, Southpark Mall, Charlotte, NC (map)
Description: Book Launch Party for the release of Highland Blessings! We'll serve a tray of ore d'oeuvres & drinks, book signing, mingling, etc. There will also be a bookfair going on for the Ronald McDonald House. 20% of all purchases of my novel & other books will be donated to the Ronald McDonald House. This program has a special place in my heart, as my hubby stayed there in Winston-Salem when my 3-week old baby was transferred to Brenners Children's Hospital 12-years ago.
 
Workshop: The Art of Research for Today & Yesterday
When: Tue, June 22, 2010, 7pm – 8pm
Where: Atlanta, GA (Sugar Hill United Methodist Church) (map)
Description: Author Jennifer Hudson Taylor will be giving a workshop on "The Art of Research for Today & Yesterday" at the ACFW Word Writers Group. (Book signing will follow.) For directions and details, visit http://wwwacfwword.com. 
 
Grandfather Mountain Highland Games
When: Fri - Sun, Jul 9 – 11, 2010
Where: Grandfather Mountain, NC (map)
Description: The 55th Grandfather Mountain Highland Games will be held at MacRae Meadows on Grandfather Mountain near Linville, NC. I will be dressed in a 17th Century Highland gown and signing copies of Highland Blessings.
 
Kindly Bookmark and Share it:

2 comments:

  1. i shall look forward to your posts on celtic 7 gaelic names, it sounds intriguing. I have a huge love for anything celtic.

    ReplyDelete