Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Loreena McKennitt


When I'm writing a book, I enjoy listening to music that inspires the creative muse in me. Since I write historical fiction, it helps to listen to a selection that is of the time period I'm writing about and helps me emerse myself in that era.

As a result, I discovered Loreena McKennitt's music when I was writing my debut novel, Highland Blessings. My favorite CD of hers is The Book of Secrets. Two of the songs I enjoy most on this CD are: The Mummers' Dance and The Highwayman. A version of this story was told by the character Anne Shirley in the second movie of Anne of Green Gables, one of my favorite movies.

Her music is Celtic. She has a beautiful voice that gives one a feeling of peace and contentment. Each song she sings has a drammatic storyline. As an author, I enjoy the stories as much as the music. If you've never heard her music, and you enjoy the Celtic sound, I would encourage you to visit her website and listen to some of her beatiful samples.

Kindly Bookmark and Share it:

No comments:

Post a Comment