Tuesday, April 28, 2009

The Henderson Clan

Our family recently joined the Henderson Clan of the US and I'll be sending in a small genealogy report on our North Carolina line. Unfortunately, I've only traced it back to James Henderson born around 1815. Our new Henderson Family webpage is now up on Rootsweb. Check it out here.

In trying to determine when and where our Henderson line arrived in the Carolinas, I've discovered a few possibilities. There is a James Henderson Family that came in through Wilmington around 1720, but I haven't been able to tie them to our line.

Another possibility is a very large Henderson family from Granville County, North Carolina. There is evidence that this line arrived from Virginia, and possibly from Pennsylvania before that, down the Great Wagon Road.

My husband has agreed to a DNA test if it's needed. We did a DNA test in my Hudson line and it has proven to be quite beneficial.

If you have a Henderson line from the Carolinas, I'd be interested in hearing from you.
Kindly Bookmark and Share it:

No comments:

Post a Comment